Power engineering research at UOW is internationally recognised. Researchers involved with the CPEE have published over 800 refereed journal papers. Significant power engineering research activities at UOW include:
- Australian Research Council (ARC) industry linkage and discovery research projects with funding in excess of $5 million.
- A $10.6 million ARENA grant for development of a smart sodium storage system for renewable energy storage.
- Successful completion of six Australian Strategic Technology Program (ASTP) projects.
- Power Quality Compliance Audit – An ongoing project which analyses, reports and benchmarks power quality data supplied by electricity distribution utilities across Australia.
- Standards Australia Handbook HB 264-2003 (now ENA Doc 33-2014 and Doc 34-2014), a practical guide to the Australian standards for allocation of harmonics and flicker written for Standards Australia.
- Membership of and significant contributions to a number of CIGRÉ working groups.
- Host of the 2008 International Conference on Harmonics and Quality of Power (ICHQP 2008).